Thursday, September 23, 2010

8 7 24

I awake suddenlyin a cold sweat
unable to breathe as if the world is pressing heavily onto my chest
i slowly realize it is,
i've failed the test
i am not a super man
or the kind of man i want to be
and there i laid not wanting to move,
giving up, ready to lose
i feel like i've been running a race all my life, against myself, and the other guy keeps winning
failing to breathe for fear of living
living only because i'm too stubborn to quit
screaming on the inside, on the outside i'm grinning
i lied smiling isn't my thing
I set my own style and
i'm waiting for the opportunity to spit in the eye of the beholder
with the weight of the world on my chest i begin to float away
and begin to trek a path for those to follow in my footsteps lightyears away
i don't tread carefully i just tuck my head and pray
i rush in, blind and alone with a warcry that defies life, that's empowered by those who have suffered throught the tragedies of history, the mothers who lost children, and those with the drive to fight back
battling posers and those with more heads than the hydra
as clouds form and lightning strikes i stand alone bloodied and worn
above the downtrodden souls who failed to take the first step towards their dreams as they lay there beaten and torn
i see on the horizon my dreams stare back at me proud to see taking  my first steps towards them
as i begin to make my journey lightning strikes me as if punishment for attempting success
and i see my dreams being kicked, punched, and spit on by "standards, rules, and structures"
I begin to run towards them with speed only comparable to the super powers of jesus.
I see everything that holds me back growing larger than the Titans who stormed Mt. Olympus, My Height, Self Esteem, Anger, Fear, Jealousy, Hate, and Lack of Confidence all begin to destroy the good in my life:
Hope, Faith, Love, Strength, Honesty, and Happiness and all I can do is watch as I run with the knowlege that they never stood a chance
as i reach the scene, the victors walk away as each part of the positive fades away.  Love, the strongest of all, attempts to get up. Fear turns around and spits in his face, and love gives way.
As I sit here piecing back the positive parts of my life back together
i feel  the negative growing
suddenly i look around and Love, Strength, Hope, Faith, Honesty, and happiness stand up like true soldiers one by one, battered and bruised,
 armed only with each other take one last look at me, nod and head back towards the battle smiling and laughing amongst one another
i ask,"Why do you smile, why fight if you're outnumbered and you always lose?"
Hope turns around and sheds a tear
Happiness turns and says," because we draw strength from each other, as long as one remains, we all do.  Any small victory makes us stronger, we grow until one day we will over come the negative completely, and if that day never comes we will continue fighting 8 7 24"
 
As i watch these weary  tired beaten soldiers move on to the next battle
lightning strikes down at me, this time i strike back shaking everything down to the core, turning time on its head  and reversing the poles turning north south and south north
i look over at my dreams stand tall over the bodies of standards, rules, and structure and they smile once again in my direction, this time missing a considerable amount of teeth.
i come back with renewed vigor, heave the world back onto my shoulders, taking on the responsibility to make the impact no other has.  An enraged soul in a cage waiting for release to join the fray with the positive, my dreams and to finally beat the other guy...

No comments:

Post a Comment